Monday, May 3, 2010

Trip and a few words

Ok, so.. I'm back from my little trip out of town. We got back last night (Sunday), and I'm so happy to be back. I missed my own bed.
We left Florida Wednesday morning about 3am to drive to Alabama. Sadly, it's much faster than flying and it still took us about 8 hrs to get there. To fly from Orlando to get to where my Grandprents live in Alabama, you have to 1st fly to Texas (WAAAYYY out of the way) then back over to Alabama. The flights total about 12 hrs. It's nonsense that there isn't a direct flight there. Anyway, so we drove. Rather... I drove while my parents slept most of the way. Waking up only to get gas, food, use the bathroom and that was it until we arrived at our destination. The drive was long and painful. (Painful for my butt for sitting in the same position for almost 8 hrs straight)
The visit itself was nice for the most part. My dad had to work some, so while he was busy doing that, me, my Aunt and my mom went to the gun range to shoot some. I always have fun doing that. The weather for the 1st few days was beautiful. In the 70's with a nice breeze, how ever, by Saturday, it was hot and HUMID!! I hated that part.
While we were there, my Grandfather also had a follow-up Dr's appointment. About 2 yrs ago he had to get a pacemaker put in for his heart. Last fall, he had to get it replaced b/c 1 of the lead wires came loose. At this follow up appointment last week, he was told that the pacemaker is now working 100% to keep his heart beating. Not good news. We just hope it stays working, unlike the last one. The trip home was uneventful overall.
Last night, I get on here to start typing up the posts that I missed while I was away. As I'm typing.. I feel something stuck to my finger. I look down.. and it's a KEY FROM MY KEYBOARD! My freakin key fell off!! On a desktop, it's easy to pop them back on, but not so much for a laptop. After some swearing and a few heavy puffs.. I gave up and went to bed. I couldn't type without the letter 'A'.
This morning, I call around and find a place to fix it. $40.00 later.. I get my laptop back. Now as I sit here and write THIS the fucking key falls off AGAIN!! I'm pissed.. SOOO I can't promise when I'll be able to write more posts. I'm going to try to work on some tonight as long as this stupid keyboard works. If for whatever reason I can't. Whenever I get it back up and running properly (AKA have a new keyboard installed) I will write daily just to get the posts back on schedule.
I hope it's soon!! I can't stand not having a computer!!!!

No comments: