Monday, September 7, 2009

Pain in my Calf...

OK.. Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. Just been a little busy. So... some good news. I am NOT preggo!! Yippie!! Back to smoking guilt free! :) I took like 3 tests just to make sure and since they all came back negative, I finally coughed up some moolah and went to the Doc. It was just a really super bad bladder infection. After the lovely time of squattin' over a cup or 2, getting some scans done and being scorned for a bit about 'holding' it too much and too long, I was let go with a script to take for like 10 days. The things tasted SOOOO nasty!! My mouth tasted like I'd been sucking on metal pipes, but at least that only had to last 10 days and not 9 months! :) I've never had a bladder infection like that before, so I didn't know what the symptoms were. It was good that I didn't wait any longer b/c Doc said it was starting to affect my kidneys, i.e. causing the swelling in my feet cus my kidneys weren't functioning like they were supposed to. SO! I'm finally feeling back to normal. However, the meds make me very tired and I still just want to sleep sleep SLEEEPP! (more so than normal anyway)

This past Saturday, I helped my best friend move. She was downsizing from a 2/2 townhouse to a 600ft apartment. OMG!! She had so much shit!! I have no idea where she's gonna put most of that stuff, but I'm sure she'll find a way. The move went smoothly and it only took us 4 hrs. (cus I called my parents and begged them to come help!) See, my friend doesn't have any family nearby to help so it was just the 2 of us and that would have taken DAYS to get everything. But luckily my parents didn't have anything planned so they came over. 5hrs later we were all exhausted, it started to storm, the U-haul was finally unpacked so we called it a day. I felt like I had been beat with a 2X4! The heat was horrible! The weather guy claims it was only in the high 80's but with heat index and humidity, it was really closer to 100. I was sweating out of places I didn't even know I could sweat from. Around 400pm I left, came home, collapsed on the bed for a few but felt too disgusting to lay there anymore. Took a nice cool shower til I heard the pizza guy banging on the door like I owed him money.. oh wait.. I did! haha Jumped out just in time before he left with my pizza. After scarfing down 3 slices (dude.. I was starving! Hadn't eaten since 830am and by now it was close to 6pm) I smoked a quick cigarette and fell into bed. Took a nice nap til about 8pm, jumped online to summit my homework for my online class, then went back to bed. Didn't get up til 830 the next morning.

Sunday went to breakfast with mom, walked around the mall, did some grocery shopping, dropped some stuff off at friends house that she needed (or rather couldn't find of her own stuff since it was still crammed into boxes) came back home and chilled in the pool cus it was another super hot day. Man, you should have seen me trying to walk around. My back didn't hurt from all the lifting, pulling and pushing of boxes, furniture, etc... however my calves hurt so freakin bad! Out of all the things that I'd expect to hurt the next day it wasn't my calves. Both of my calf muscles felt like they were locked up. I couldn't bend my ankles to walk and ended up looking like Frankenstein when I attempted to, minus my arms outstretched. It was definitely a sight to see. Since I looked like some freak show when trying to move around, I popped a couple of aleve and decided to lay down to watch True blood. To my disappointment, it was a repeat so I called it an early night again.

Monday (today) got a wake up call around 10am from my friend (the one I helped move) wanting to know if I had any plans for the day and if I didn't, would I like to come over and help unpack. NOOOOOO!!! I don't want to see another moving box for a long ass time! So I politely declined, crawled out of bed forgetting about my crippled ass legs. Almost fell flat on my face in my attempt to get out of bed. Of course, my legs quickly reminded me that they were still not cooperating so I did my Frankenstein walk to the bathroom then outside to have my morning cigarette. I had to run over to my storage until to check on something, then off to the grocery store again for the things I forgot yesterday then came back and spent some time in the pool... again. And of course, got a call from my wonderful friend saying her old landlord wanted to do the walk-thru at her old place and begged me to go with her. UGH! I didn't want to go anywhere! I wanted to stay in the pool relaxing. But.. being the gracious friend that I am, hehe, I told her to come over and we'd take my car. (mostly b/c she doesn't have air in hers and it was just too damn hot to be in it). So we met up with her slumlord.. umm.. I mean landlord. OMG!! That guy is a total ASSSSSSS!!!!!! Totally nitpicking EVERY! FREAKING! THING! He CLAIMS the carpet was brand new when she moved in there 2 yrs ago. BITCH PLEASE! That shit was so old it was starting to stretch so there were wrinkles everywhere and the corners were fraying. New my ass. So after I started questioning him about it, he changed his story. Then started B.S. about the paint, saying she'd have to pay for it to be repainted. I was like WHAT?! Bitch please! Told him; why?! It wasn't freshly painted when she moved in! Why didn't the last tenants pay then? Again, he changed his story. That guy was really starting to piss me off! Anyway, after telling him that she would only agree to take it out of her deposit if he could show proof with receipt that the carpet was newly installed right before she moved and that he purchased paint to paint the walls right before she moved in, that she would then agree to replace/pay. He mumbled something and said he'd be in contact. WHATEVER! God I hate landlords like that. What's totally effed up is that as soon as he walked in to the place, he was like wow! This place is super clean! I can rent it today to someone else! And as we were leaving he said that he already had ppl interested in the place and was meeting 1 of them in about 15min. with the hopes that they'd move in sometime next week. Like he's REALLY going to have that much time to redo all that crap? Errr! Hmm.. we'll just see about that Mr. I-Think-I'm-Slick.

So the countdown has started. Only 4 more weeks til I'm done with this semester. Done completely actually. Graduation is approaching fast! Just 1 wk after my last class. Most of the time, I can't wait! I'm so over school. But there are times when I get worried cus that means that I'll now have to find a job in my field, which isn't really easy to do. Especially right now. But, I'm hopin' and prayin' that something will come along.

Still haven't talked to my brother. I see him post shit on Facebook and he's still on my friends list on yahoo, but he never sends me anything anymore. I still don't know what to do about that. A part of me wants to write him an email or call him or something and be like OMG! EFFING GROW UP DAMNIT! Stop holding grudges. But then again, I think... well.. aren't I doing the same thing? Or am I just standing my ground? I'm just so tired of giving into him and his douchebag of a wife. Why should I (or we.. including my parents) always have to be the one that says sorry and tries to fix it. We have been the ones that have always made the 1st try to fix things when he's crazy ass bitch wife goes off the deep end and says WE did something to her b/c we wouldn't change our life to fit her needs. Plus, HE'S the one that turned his back on US, WE didn't do it to him. So, I could use a little advice here. What do ya'll think? Should I bite it and contact him 1st? I know that if I did try to reconcile with him, that means I would have to do the same with his wife. Because, as he's made it perfectly clear, that if we can't accept her, be nice to her, apologize to her for EVERYTHING for the past 11 yrs, etc., we can't have anything to do with him or his kids. UGH! I just really can't stand her. Just thinking about her makes my blood boil. When I see her I constantly fight the urge to punch her in the face. How can I reconcile with her if I can't even stand to look at her!????????? Am I being selfish? Childish? A total bitch? Some advice please!!
Anyway, I'm gonna head off here now. Time for more aleve! :)

No comments: